How To Make A Christmas Tree Skirt
If you lack sophisticated seamstress skills and you want to learn how to make a Christmas tree skirt, then you've come to the right place. You will learn the easiest and quickest way to make a Christmas tree skirt along with some ideas on how to decorate your skirt.
To make your own Christmas tree skirt, you will need:
- Fabric. (Most people choose thick felt. However, you can use any fabric that looks nice. You need a piece of fabric that is large enough to make a circle that at least covers the span of the legs of the tree plus a few inches).
- Tape measure or yard stick
- Decorative supplies such as fake fur, markers, tassels and fringe (optional)
- Cut the biggest circle you can make with the fabric. Your circle should completely cover the legs of the tree plus a few inches or more.
- Find the center of the circle with your tape measure or yard stick and mark it.
- Cut a straight line from the outside of the circle to the center with scissors.
- Cut a small inner circle in the center so that the tree trunk fits snugly within this circle.
You have just completed the bare bones method of making a Christmas tree skirt.
- If you are good at drawing, then the simplest way to decorate your Christmas tree skirt is to draw on it with markers. You can draw Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer, Santa Clause, Jesus, the Three Stooges, Elvis or anything you wish. You can also sew cut outs of these characters onto your skirt.
- If you're really ambitious, you can add lace, fake fur or tassels to the outside of the skirt and to the edge of the inner circle. This will make your skirt look nice and cover up the rough edges at the same time. Glitter also adds a nice touch to any Christmas tree skirt. The possibilities are endless.
- Now that you have learned how to make a Christmas tree skirt in the shortest time possible, you can budget in the time you saved for shopping, gift making or your favorite hobby.