How To Make Christmas Wreath
Many people look into how to make Christmas wreaths as the holidays approach. These festive arrangements are extremely versatile, offering a pretty display for the front door, or anywhere throughout the interior of the home. Additionally, they can be customized and created to suit any desire or preference to ensure the perfect implementation for your Holiday decor. This article goes over how to create your own Christmas wreath.
Things you will need to make a Christmas wreath.
- Assortment of decorations to apply to the wreath (plastic flowers or theme ornaments)
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue gun
- Artificial pre-made wreath
- Wrap the base of each piece of decor going onto the wreath with wire, leaving a 1 to 2 inch piece protruding from the ends. Whether you opted for a combination of ornaments, fake flowers or other festive accessories, you have to ensure they are secure for attachment to the tree. For those pieces that have a stem or a protruding end piece, wrap a piece of the wire around the end of it leaving a 1 to 2 inch piece sticking out to wrap around a stem on the wreath.
- Apply the decorations to the wreath. Wrap the 1 to 2 inch piece of the wire that you left protruding from the end pieces of your wreath decor around the pine needles and stems on the wreath. After doing so, check for any pieces that are abnormally unsecured, then, with your glue gun, apply glue to pieces that still contain a lot of movement.
- Garnish the wreath with ribbon. Cut three 18 inch pieces of ribbon and loop them together, securing with the wire down the middle of the knot. Glue the loop on the bottom area of the wreath.
- Hang wreath wherever desired. Take your newly created wreath and hang it on the outside of your front door, or in various places throughout your home for a festive supplement to your other holiday decor.