Learning how to make a Cinco Herradura Cocktail is very easy. It's a popular cocktail served around the time of Cinco de Mayo. The drink represents the spirit of Mexico and shows off the colors found in the Mexican flag. The drink does get slightly tricky by having to rim a glass with three different colors of sprinkled sugar, but when mastered, it is beautiful and people will be impressed with it.
To make a Cinco Herradura Cocktail, you will need:
- 1 1/2 oz. Tequila Herradura Silver
- two oz. pineapple juice
- two oz. cranberry juice
- splash of lemon-lime soda
- squeeze of a fresh lime wedge
- lime wedge for garnish
- red, green, and white super-fine sugar for rimming
- crushed ice
- cocktail shaker or mixing glass
To make a Cinco Herradura Cocktail, follow these steps:
- Take a cocktail shaker. To the shaker, or mixing glass, add ice about half-way full
- Stir in liquids. Add the tequila, the pineapple juice, the cranberry juice, and a splash of lemon-lime soda. Stir these ingredients together or shake lightly.
- Squeeze in a wedge of fresh lime. Squeeze the lime juice into the Cinco Herradura cocktail and mix again. Mix well this time or shake vigorously for at least fifteen seconds.
- Rim the glass. Rim a third of the tumbler with lime and dip in the green sugar.
- Rim a second time. Rim a third of the tumbler again with lime and this time dip this third into white sugar.
- Rim a third time. Rim the remaining third of the tumbler with lime and dip into red sugar.
- Strain drink. After the rimming is completed, strain the contents from the cocktail shaker into the rimmed tumbler, being cautious to not ruin the rimming.
- Serve. Serve this drink immediately. Your guests will love the Cinco Herradura Cocktail!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.