Need to know how to make Claussen kosher dill pickles? Pickles are a great side dish to any sandwich, hamburger, and can even be added to a macaroni salad. Would you like to learn how you can make your own Claussen Dill Kosher Pickles? Well with just a few easy steps you will have your own Kosher Dill Pickles in as little as five days.
To make Claussen kosher dill pickles you will need:
- Eight to ten pickling cucumbers
- 1 1/2 quarts boiled water, cooled
- tbsp kosher salt
- two dill flowers
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- two Garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- six long springs of fresh dill leaves
- Put the dill flower and garlic inside the bottom of a jar. A mason jar works best. Next add the cucumbers to the jar as well.
- Add in the springs of the fresh dill leaves. Make sure to place them within the center of the cucumbers.
- Next add in the salt and the white vinegar. Fill the jar with the cooled water up to an 1/8 inch from the top of the mason jar.
- Put on the seal and ring to the mason jar. Then, gently shake to help dissolve the Kosher salt.
- Set the jar of pickles upside down on your counter away from direct sunlight and heat.
- Let the jar sit for approximately four to five days. Alternate turning the mason jar upside down or upright daily.
For maximum dill flavored pickles make sure the cucumbers you select are fresh. A good tip to tell if a cucumber is fresh is to squeeze it lightly. The firmer the cucumber, the fresher it is. Also the thinner a cucumber is, the more crisp the cucumber will be, and the less seeds it will have.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.