How To Make Cocktail Bombs
If you really want to get that party started, learn how to make cocktail bombs and start mixing up a arsenal of them! If you’re not familiar with the term, a ‘cocktail bomb’ is any cocktail made by dropping a shot glass full of whiskey into another drink. In today’s world, there’s even a special glass, called a Quaffer shot glass (or a double bubble glass) which can make the presentation of a cocktail bomb, well, da bomb!
To make cocktail bombs, you will need:
- Large mouthed glasses, such as high ball glasses
- Shot glasses
- Mixers, such as Red Bull, Coke, tomato or grapefruit juice
- Liquors of your choice, such as vodka or whiskey
- For a special cocktail bomb presentation, consider purchasing Quaffer shot glasses (aka double bubble shot glass).
- Mix up a Boilermaker cocktail bomb. In days of yore, the most popular cocktail bomb was probably the Boilermaker. A classic Boilermaker cocktail bomb is made by dropping a shot glass of whiskey into a glass of beer. Garnish with a piece of lime and have at it!
- Create a Red Eye. Another classic cocktail bomb is the Red Eye. Adding tomato juice and a raw egg to a glass of beer. Drop in a shot of whiskey and garnish with a sprig of parsley for a nice presentation. Drink up and you’ll be flying high with a Red Eye.
- Arm yourself with a Jager bomb. In today’s world, the most popular cocktail bomb known to man might be the Jager bomb. This delectable concoction is made by filling a glass with Red Bull and dropping in a shot of Jagermeister. This cocktail bomb will create a wide awake drunk...
- Let your imagination run wild and create your own signature bomb cocktail. Almost any drink can be turned into a cocktail bomb. If you're partial to a Bloody Mary, wet the rim of a double bubble shot glass with lemon and roll in the seasoning of your choice, such as Old Bay seasoning before filling with tomato juice on the bottom and adding a shot of citron vodka on the top. That will create a taster shot of a delicious bloody mary.
Regardless of your favorite drink of choice, cocktail bombs are a fun, entertaining way to get the party going.
- Cocktail bomb drinks tend to be stronger than regular mixed drinks so drink responsibly and NEVER drink and drive – that’s why God made taxis.