If you really want to get that party started, learn how to make cocktail bombs and start mixing up a arsenal of them! If you’re not familiar with the term, a ‘cocktail bomb’ is any cocktail made by dropping a shot glass full of whiskey into another drink. In today’s world, there’s even a special glass, called a Quaffer shot glass (or a double bubble glass) which can make the presentation of a cocktail bomb, well, da bomb!
To make cocktail bombs, you will need:
- Large mouthed glasses, such as high ball glasses
- Shot glasses
- Mixers, such as Red Bull, Coke, tomato or grapefruit juice
- Liquors of your choice, such as vodka or whiskey
- For a special cocktail bomb presentation, consider purchasing Quaffer shot glasses (aka double bubble shot glass).
- Mix up a Boilermaker cocktail bomb. In days of yore, the most popular cocktail bomb was probably the Boilermaker. A classic Boilermaker cocktail bomb is made by dropping a shot glass of whiskey into a glass of beer. Garnish with a piece of lime and have at it!
- Create a Red Eye. Another classic cocktail bomb is the Red Eye. Adding tomato juice and a raw egg to a glass of beer. Drop in a shot of whiskey and garnish with a sprig of parsley for a nice presentation. Drink up and you’ll be flying high with a Red Eye.
- Arm yourself with a Jager bomb. In today’s world, the most popular cocktail bomb known to man might be the Jager bomb. This delectable concoction is made by filling a glass with Red Bull and dropping in a shot of Jagermeister. This cocktail bomb will create a wide awake drunk…
- Let your imagination run wild and create your own signature bomb cocktail. Almost any drink can be turned into a cocktail bomb. If you're partial to a Bloody Mary, wet the rim of a double bubble shot glass with lemon and roll in the seasoning of your choice, such as Old Bay seasoning before filling with tomato juice on the bottom and adding a shot of citron vodka on the top. That will create a taster shot of a delicious bloody mary.
Regardless of your favorite drink of choice, cocktail bombs are a fun, entertaining way to get the party going.
- Cocktail bomb drinks tend to be stronger than regular mixed drinks so drink responsibly and NEVER drink and drive – that’s why God made taxis.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.