If you're looking for a totally unusual, beautiful presentation of a cocktail, learn how to make a Cocktail Champagne Avocat. Basically, this is a champagne cocktail garnished with a slice of avocado. The mild flavor and smooth consistency of the avocado make for a nice contrast to the sweetness of the champagne cocktail. Although it sounds a bit strange, go ahead and mix up a Champagne Avocat and see if you don't fall immediately in love.
To make a Cocktail Champagne Avocat, you will need:
- A champagne flute
- Fresh ice
- Four ounces of good quality champagne. (Don't scrimp here as the champagne is the main ingredient in this delicious concoction.)
- One or two dashes of Angostura bitters
- One sugar cube
- Two small cubes of avocado plus one slice for garnish
- Fill the champagne flute with ice and water and place securely in the freezer. After ten minutes, remove the glass from the freezer and throw the out the ice and water. You should have a perfectly chilled champagne flute for your Champagne Avocat cocktail
- Add the sugar cube and a dash or two of Angostura bitters to the bottom of the glass.
- Add two small cubes of avocado to the bottom of the champagne flute.
- Add in the four ounces of champagne to complete the making of a cocktail Champagne Avocat, .
- Perch the full slice of avocado on the side of the champagne flute.
Serve this savory cocktail with an appetizer course of fresh field greens with slices of avocado on top. Also, for a sweeter, stronger Cocktail Champagne Avocat, consider floating a bit of cognac right on top of the drink. Delicious!