If you are heading out for a camping getaway, you may be wondering how to make coffee while camping. There are actually a few different ways to make coffee while camping. Which way you decide to make it often depends on how you like your coffee. Boiling water over a campfire and making an instant cup of coffee is easy to do but may not satisfy all coffee drinkers. If a more brewed flavor is what you are after, follow these instruction on how to make coffee while camping using a percolator.
- Non-electric percolator
- fresh water
- coffee grinds
- source of heat
- Purchase a percolator. Before you can learn how to make coffee while camping you must have the right equipment. Non-electric percolators can often be found at garage sales or at online auctions fairly cheap.
- Pour in as much water as you need. Most percolators will have marks to show you how much water you will need to brew a specific amount of coffee.
- Add the coffee grounds. Place the coffee grounds in the basket. The amount you add will depend on how strong you want your coffee. A good rule of thumb is approximately 1 tablespoon per one cup of coffee.
- Place the percolator over your camp stove. If you want to learn how to make coffee while camping the easy way, purchase a camping stove. A camping stove will quickly and easily bring your coffee water to a boil. If you do not have a camping stove, a low campfire with a grill over the top will also produce enough heat to boil the coffee water.
- Give it some time to percolate. It will take between five and fifteen minutes for your coffee to percolate completely. The longer you leave your coffee on the heat, the stronger it will become. It takes some trial and error to learn how to make coffee while camping.
- Pour yourself a hot cup of Joe. Sit back and relax and drink your freshly made cup of campfire coffee.
If you are heading out into the woods, you really must try to learn how to make coffee while camping. There is nothing like waking up on a foggy morning to the birds singing and coffee perking over a campfire.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.