Learning how to make coleslaw dressing is not hard. Coleslaw is an excellent dish to prepare for a summer barbecue. If you have already shredded the cabbage and the carrots, all you need to do is make the dressing. After you make the coleslaw dressing for the first time, you will probably have the recipe memorized.
You will need the following items:
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 tablesppon of vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Follow these steps:
- Take out a medium sized bowl and pour the mayonnaise in it.
- Add the sugar and the vinegar to the mayonnaise. Mix these three ingredients together. This is the basic part of the dressing. Taste a bit of the dressing. If it tastes too sweet, or too much like vinegar, add some mayonnaise. The reverse is also true. If you can't taste enough sugar or vinegar, add a little. This is a personal preference so feel free to add a bit of one or two of the ingredients to get it exactly the way you like it.
- Sprinkle in the garlic powder, onion powder, and the ground black pepper.
- Mix these ingredients in and you have your coleslaw dressing.
- Fold in your shredded cabbage and carrots and your coleslaw is done.
Tips: You could also add a tablespoon of horseradish, or a teaspoon of celery salt.
Warning: This recipe makes 32 ounces of coleslaw dressing. If you only need sixteen ounces then you can just cut the measurements in half.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
14 Movies You Must See in 2014
The cinematic calendar promises sex addicts, sexy vampires, sexy co-eds, Sundance splashes and artfully concocted big-budget fare.