Learning how to make a Colleen Bawn Cocktail is quite simple. The drink originates from over a century ago and contains an elusive ingredient called Yellow Chartreuse. This recipe can be found in the book published in London in 1903 called "The Flowing Bowl," by Edward Spencer. Many people are a little leery of this drink because of the raw egg that is used, and it stops many people from trying this drink. Those who have tried it say the Colleen Bawn has a slight aura of eggnog.
To make a Colleen Bawn Cocktail, you will need:
- 3/4 ounce rye whisky, something vigorous like Rittenhouse, bonded
- 3/4 ounce Yellow Chartreuse
- 3/4 ounce Benedictine
- 1 fresh egg
- 1 tsp. sugar to taste
- cinnamon, nutmeg, and pink sugar for garnish
- crushed ice
- cocktail shaker
- cocktail glass
Steps to make a Colleen Bawn:
- Pour liquids into a cocktail shaker. The first step to make a Colleen Bawn Cocktail is to precisely add the rye whiskey, Yellow Chartreuse, and Benedictine into the cocktail shaker.
- In a separate glass mix the egg with sugar. Mix these two ingredients very well until egg is beat well.
- Add egg mixture to cocktail shaker. Add the egg mixture to the shaker.
- Add ice. Add crushed ice to fill shaker about three-fourths full.
- Shake. This step is very important. Because an egg is thick, it's important to shake the mixture together very hard and well in order to have a great Colleen Bawn.
- Strain. Strain the shaker and pour the Colleen Bawn cocktail into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish it. Garnish the drink with a light dusting of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pink sugar.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.