Learning how to make a cookie boquet is a great way to have a gift ready for anyone, young and old, as long as you have the time to spend in the kitchen. Cookie bouquets are a great way to give the gift of cookies in a unique way, and who doesn't enjoy getting cookies? You can be as creative as you want with the decorating and vase choice, as long as you follow the few simple steps laid out, you can make a different cookie bouquet each time you prepare this gift.
For making the cookie bouquet, you will need:
- Any flavor cookie dough (either bought from the store, or made by scratch)
- Lollipop sticks (can be purchased at any craft store in the candy making section)
- Cookie decorations of your choice (can be sprinkles, icing, frosting, choose toppings that dry hard, cake frosting can get messy so try royal icing)
- A vase (can be a small flower pot, a large coffee cup, a short vase, a decorated short box or basket, as long as its heavy enough to hold the weight)
- Ribbon, a card, or your own special touch to decorate the vase
- Make the cookies according to the direction. When cutting the cookies from the cookie log, or rolling out the cookies from your recipe from scratch, make them thicker then you normally would. They should be about 1/2" thick. Bake according to the recipe.
- Once the cookies have been taken out of the oven, insert a lollipop stick into the side of each cookie. This needs to be done the moment they are taken out of the oven as they will be soft, and have some give, and once they cool they will harden around the stick. Once a stick has been placed into each cookie, leave the cookies on the cookie sheet to cook for a few moments before removing them.
- Once the cookies have cooled and have been removed from the cookie sheet, they are ready to be decorated. You can use icing, or even a writing pen they make for cookies to personalize a name, or happy birthday upon the cookies to make the coquet special for a certain occasion.
- Once the cookies are made, take your vase of choice and trim the Styrofoam to fit inside the bottom of the vase. Insert the cookies into the Styrofoam so that the sticks are placed about an inch apart and are distributed evenly throughout the vase or flower pot for the most attractive cookie bouquet.
- You can now tie a ribbon around the base of the vase and decorate the cookie bouquet any way you wish to celebrate a holiday or birthday, or just to send a thank you to that special person in your life. These cookie bouquets make a great gift for any occasion, and you can decorate the cookie and vase to fit any gift needs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.