How To Make Cookies From Scratch
How to make cookies from scratch sounds complicated but by following the simple instructions below your homemade cookies will be better than any store bought cookies. The main reason for this is that you control what goes in and can use fresher ingredients than store bought cookies. The persons who started their own cookie business made great tasting cookies until they got too large and started adding preservatives. Your cookies will be fresh and better tasting making them in smaller batches for yourself, your family, and friends.
How to make cookies from scratch, you'll need:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. hot water
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Don't be afraid to experiment with these cookies. For instance you can use another kind of nut such as almonds or pecans. You can also elect to use butterscotch morsels instead of chocolate chips. All but the last two ingredients on this recipe will give you basic cookies that you can customize to your tastes. You can even throw in some raisons if you like those in a cookie.
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, sugar, and brown sugar till well mixed.
- Add eggs mixing in between and then add vanilla.
- Using the hot water, dissolve the baking soda, and add that and the flour to the mixture.
- Add the chocolate chips and the walnuts and mix well.
- Drop by spoon to a cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes till edges are starting to brown. Let cool and serve.