Need to know how to make corn beef hash? This recipe will teach you how to make corned beef hash and use up leftover meat in this tasty dish. Homemade corned beef hash is so much better than what you get out of a can! Corned beef hash makes for a hearty breakfast when topped with poached eggs and served with fresh fruit, wheat toast and coffee. Purchase cooked corned beef from the supermarket deli if you don't have any leftover corned beef to use in the recipe.
To make corned beef hash, you will need:
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups diced cooked potatoes, or frozen hash-brown potatoes
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped lean corned beef brisket
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and sautee for five to eight minutes, or until they start to brown.
- Add the diced, cooked potatoes, or frozen hash-brown potatoes. Cook the potatoes for several minutes, stirring occasionally, until they brown and form a crust.
- Stir in the chopped corned beef and low-sodium chicken broth. Cook, scraping up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pan, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the parsley. Season the corned beef mixture with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Fill a large skillet with two inches of salted water. Bring the water to a gentle simmer. Break the eggs and carefully slide them, one at a time, into the simmering water and cook until they reach the desired firmness.
- Divide the cooked hash among four plates. Top each serving with one cooked egg.
Despite the health concerns of dieticians, nutritionists and the medical profession who are concerned about calories and ...
A real man seduces women with skill, with cunning, with forethought and technique. He removes bra and panties not with a ...
It’s the time of year to step up your culinary game, and serving proper prime rib is a manly way to impress the whole da ...