How To Make Corn Tortilla Chips
Would you like to learn how to make corn tortilla chips? Nothing tastes quite as good as homemade chips and salsa. If you love the restaurant-style chips served in Mexican restaurants, you will love making these chips to enjoy anytime. Baked or fried, these chips are great for a snack, an appetizer or a base for homemade nachos or taco salad. The recipe is very simple and only requires a few ingredients. Learn to make corn tortilla chips at home for your family.
- One package corn tortillas
- Heavy skillet or fryer
- Pizza cutter or scissors
- Oil for frying
- Melted butter
- Cut the tortillas into eight equal triangles. Pizza cutters are the best to use for this step, but scissors work well, too. Stack two or three tortillas and cut to make this part go quick.
- Brush lightly with melted butter. Spread out the tortillas on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt and your favorite seasonings like Parmesan cheese, paprika, or chili powder. Get creative and add your own signature seasonings for a unique taste.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and bake for eight to ten minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool. Serve with dip or salsa.
- Cut tortillas into triangles with pizza cutter or scissors.
- Heat oil in skillet or fryer to approximately 375 degrees.
- Drop in a few chips at a time and fry until crispy and golden brown.
- Drain chips on paper towel.
- Salt to taste and serve warm with spicy salsa, bean dip or cold ranch dip.
- Cooking times are approximate so check the chips while cooking to ensure they do not burn.
- Oven temperatures vary at different altitudes so the heat may need to be turned down for some ovens.