Wondering how to make a corned beef brine? The secret is making a corned beef brine for your brisket. Try this fantastic corned beef brine recipe and you will never purchase a vacuum packed corned beef ever again. Making a a corned beef brine is ideally done more than 24 hours prior to cooking takes time…so plan to brine your corned beef days ahead of your serving time!
- To make a corned beef brine you will need the following items:
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tablespoons whole coriander
- 1 1/4 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 1/4 tablespoons whole black peppercorns
- 1 1/4 tablespoons whole allspice
- 5 sprigs fresh marjoram
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (2 1/2 to 3 pound) brisket
- 1 gallon of cold water
- 1 large bucket or pot
- Blend seasonings into a large bowl for your corned beef brine. Give your brisket a delicious taste, combine salt, brown sugar, coriander, mustard seeds, black peppercorns, allspice, marjoram, thyme, and two bay leaves in a large bowl
- Coat the brisket in the spices. To enhance the flavoring of the corned beef brine insert the brisket (you can cut it into two pieces) and rubdown the spices into both sides of the meat.
- Make the corned beef brine. Place the coated brisket and all the remaining spices in the bowl in a large bucket or pot. Pour cold water over until the meat is covered. Make sure it is completely submerged.
- Cover and refrigerate the corned beef brine. The meat can be brined overnight or as long as ten days. The longer the brining the more "corned" the brisket will become.
- Removing the corned beef when brining is complete, Remove the brisket from the brine when you are finished brining the cord beef and rinse with water. Pat dry with paper towels. Disregard the brine in the bucket.
- Cook the corned beef brined brisket. Cook your freshly brined corned beef according to your favorite corned beef recipe.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.