Look like a professional behind your own bar when you learn how to make a Cosmopolitan drink and serve it to friends and family. A Cosmopolitan is an elegant mixture of vodka, triple sec, lime juice, and cranberry juice. Served in a stylish martini glass, its bright red color makes a Cosmopolitan festive and a perfect cocktail to serve for the holidays.
To make a Cosmopolitan, you will need:
- 1 ounce Vodka
- ½ ounce Triple Sec
- ½ ounce sweetened Lime juice
- ½ ounce Cranberry Juice
- 1 Lime
- Chill a martini glass. Rinse a martini glass with water and place it wet in the freezer for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Fill the cocktail shaker. Combine the vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice, and lime juice in the cocktail shaker. Fill the cocktail ¾ full of ice and shake.
- Pour the Cosmopolitan. Strain the Cosmopolitan into a chilled martini glass.
- Cut the lime. Cut the lime into wedges. Cut a small slit on an angle in a lime wedge with a sharp knife and hook the lime on the rim of the glass for a garnish and serve.
Tips/Warning: A variation of the traditional Cosmopolitan is the Blue Cosmopolitan. Replace red cranberry juice with white cranberry juice. Instead of triple sec, use blue Curacao liqueur to color the Cosmopolitan blue. The martini glass can be chilled or room temperature. Cheap alcohol makes bad cocktails. Don’t scrimp on quality when mixing a Cosmopolitan.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.