How To Make A Craftsman Cocktail
Unless you're a rye whiskey drinker (and a dedicated one at that), you probably have never leanred how to make a Craftsman cocktail. But for those of us who like to tibble the harder stuff, a well made Craftsman cocktail will delight the senses and the gullet, all at once. This delicious drink is a take off on the classic Manhattan, although the Craftsman cocktail is sweeter due to the addition of apple and pineapple fruit juices.
To make a Craftsman cocktail, you will need:
- A martini shaker
- A tumbler cocktail glass - a drink used to serve an Old Fashioned works perfectly for this cocktail.
- One and one-half ounces of rye whiskey, however, bourbon works just as well and is equally delicious.
- One-half ounce of sweet vermouth
- One-half ounce each of apple juice and pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherries for garnishing
- Fill the martini shaker half full with ice.
- Add in the rye whiskey (or bourbon), sweet vermouth, and both the apple and pineapple juices.
- Shake the martini shaker vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Fill a tumbler glass with fresh ice.
- Strain the cocktail into the tumbler.
- Garnish with a few maraschino cherries and serve to only your favorite friends. A Craftsman cocktail is too good to waste on acquaintances.
Warning: A well made Craftsman cocktail is a delicious concoction and will go down pretty quickly, so sip slowly. Serve it aside a plate of cheese and crackers. It also goes fabulously well with a really nice cigar.