Unless you're a rye whiskey drinker (and a dedicated one at that), you probably have never leanred how to make a Craftsman cocktail. But for those of us who like to tibble the harder stuff, a well made Craftsman cocktail will delight the senses and the gullet, all at once. This delicious drink is a take off on the classic Manhattan, although the Craftsman cocktail is sweeter due to the addition of apple and pineapple fruit juices.
To make a Craftsman cocktail, you will need:
- A martini shaker
- A tumbler cocktail glass – a drink used to serve an Old Fashioned works perfectly for this cocktail.
- One and one-half ounces of rye whiskey, however, bourbon works just as well and is equally delicious.
- One-half ounce of sweet vermouth
- One-half ounce each of apple juice and pineapple juice
- Maraschino cherries for garnishing
- Fill the martini shaker half full with ice.
- Add in the rye whiskey (or bourbon), sweet vermouth, and both the apple and pineapple juices.
- Shake the martini shaker vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Fill a tumbler glass with fresh ice.
- Strain the cocktail into the tumbler.
- Garnish with a few maraschino cherries and serve to only your favorite friends. A Craftsman cocktail is too good to waste on acquaintances.
Warning: A well made Craftsman cocktail is a delicious concoction and will go down pretty quickly, so sip slowly. Serve it aside a plate of cheese and crackers. It also goes fabulously well with a really nice cigar.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.