If you don't know how to make cream of celery soup, you are missing out on an easy way to impress guests. Creamy soups are the perfect way to start off a winter meal. Cream of celery soup also makes a perfect lunch when accompanied by a sandwich or a hearty salad. You can make cream of celery soup in large batches on a Sunday afternoon and then store it in the freezer so you always have some homemade soup on hand to heat up for unexpected visitors. Once you see how easy it is to whip together this soup, you will never buy canned soup again.
To make cream of celery soup, you will need:
- large stock pot
- hand mixer or immersion blender
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 1/2 pounds of celery, cut into half-inch pieces
- 1/4 pound of onions, chopped into a small dice
- 1/4 pound of carrots, chopped into a small dice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- hot sauce or Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Cook the vegetables. Pour the chicken broth into a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Add the celery, onions and carrots and boil for fifteen minutes.
- Add the thickening ingredients. Stir the flour, salt, and pepper together. Add the milk and melted butter and whisk well, then add to the pot. Add hot sauce to taste. Boil for fifteen minutes.
- Puree the vegetables. Using a hand mixer, puree the vegetables inside the pot and stir to incorporate. If you don't have a hand mixer, you can strain the vegetables and use a blender to puree them.
- Serve or store. Serve the cream of celery soup hot or let cool and pour into airtight storage containers to freeze for later use.
- Garnish. A small piece of celery leaf is an easy way to garnish the cream of celery soup if you want to score extra points for presentation.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!