It isn't hard to learn how to make a cream crab and pepper jack soup. This soup is perfect for warming you up on a cold and rainy day. You can serve it with a salad for a delicious lunch or light supper.
You will need the following items to make cream crab and pepper jack soup:
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 lb. cooked crab in bite sized pieces
- 4 oz. pepper jack cheese
- 3 slices of crumbled bacon
Follow these steps to make cream crab and pepper jack soup:
- Pour your water, potatoes, and celery in to a medium sized pot. Bring the pot to a boil and then lower the temperature to simmer.
- Cook for ten minutes.
- Melt your butter in pan.
- Add your onions to the pan and cook for three to five minutes.
- Toss the flour in to the pan, and mix the ingredients together.
- Add milk slowly while stirring.
- Pour the ingredients from the pan in to the pot. a
- Bring all of the ingredients back to a boil.
- Add the pepper jack cheese, crab bits, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Cook another five minutes and then remove from the heat.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve.
You can use bacon bits instead of real bacon.
You can also include six oz. of diced tomatoes for color.
If you don't like your soup spicy, use plain cheddar cheese instead of the pepper jack cheese.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Best Female Singers in Indie Music
Songstresses we love, from Brooklyn to Scandinavia.
Field Test: LA’s Best Valets Take on the Stingray
There are no wiser men than Hollywood car parkers to gauge the true star power of an automobile...
Style Profile: Jesse Nolan of Caught a Ghost
One of the most stylish guys in indie music on the benefits of dressing up for your home office and the "Blossom"-esque trend men should avoid.