Here are some easy instructions that will teach you how to make cream of mushroom soup with soy milk. If you love mushrooms and would like another alternative to heavy cream or buttermilk, then try this easy cream of mushroom soup recipe that uses soy milk instead. This cream of mushroom soup will definitely be a hit at a dinner party or a night in with your loved one. You can even make this cream of mushroom soup for a quick lunch. It’s quick and easy to make, and the ingredients are simple and can be found right in your kitchen. This cream of mushroom soup will melt in your mouth and have you coming back for more. It is one that your family and friends will definitely enjoy.
To make cream of mushroom soup with soy milk, you will need:
- 1 pound shitake or white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots and parsley
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- A food processor or blender
- Add butter to a four- to five-quart pan and melt. Add the minced shallots and sauté on medium heat.
- In a food processor or blender, add the mushrooms and lemon or lime juice and chop coarsely. Add the mushrooms and parsley and sauté until the liquid in the pan has evaporated, or about ten to fifteen minutes.
- Pour the salt, pepper, chicken stock and soy milk into the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add the dissolved cornstarch and simmer for fifteen minutes, stirring constantly. Cornstarch will thicken the soup. Add more seasoning to taste if you desire. Sprinkle parsley on top, pour in a bowl and enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.