There a many variations and recipes that teach you how to make curry rice. Curry rice is made by adding spices to long grain white rice. Using this simple curry rice recipe you can create the perfect side dish that will give your meal a taste of the exotic.
To make curry rice, you will need:
- Medium sauce pan with tight fitting lid
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/12 cup long grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 2 ¼ cups chicken broth
- Brown the rice. Melt the butter in a medium sauce pan over a medium high heat using care not to burn or scorch it. Add the rice and brown it stirring constantly. Do not leave the rice unattended because it will brown or burn quickly. When the rice is golden brown, remove it from the heat.
- Add the spices. Add the curry powder, salt, and chicken broth to the rice and stir until mixed.
- Cook the rice. Bring the curry rice to a full boil over a medium heat. Once the rice boils reduce the heat to low and cover the pot with a tight lid. Cook for 7 to 10 minutes. Test for doneness after 7 minutes. Remove the curry rice from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Tips: A bed of curry rice is the perfect side dish for grilled shrimp, beef curry, stir fry vegetables, or baked chicken. Rice can be tricky to cook correctly. Trial and error is the way to perfect your rice cooking skills. Your best chance it to follow the cooking directions for time and amount on the rice package. Do not over cook the rice to avoid making it mushy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.