Spice up any ordinary baked chicken and rice dish when you learn how to make curry sauce. Curry sauce is a rich garnish made with strong spices creating an intense flavor. Curry sauce is poured over cooked meat and rice or can be added during cooking to give a bland dish and exotic flavor.
To make curry sauce, you will need:
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 inch cube ginger, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tomatoes, cored and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Prepare curry sauce ingredients. Chop the onions, ginger, and garlic together. Wash, core and finely chop the tomatoes. Set aside in separate dishes.
- Sauté curry sauce ingredients. Add the oil and cumin to a medium sauce pan and cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly. Add the onions, ginger, and garlic mixture and sauté until the onions are transparent and golden brown. Stir constantly. Add the turmeric powder and chili powder to the onion mixture and stir enough to mix. Add the tomatoes and stir fry for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spice the curry sauce to taste. Stir in the garam masala which is a mixture of intense ground spices. Add salt and additional chili powder to taste remembering a good curry sauce will be very strong. Remove the curry sauce from the heat and garnish with chopped coriander.
Tip: Freshly made curry sauce can be stored or frozen after cooling in an air tight container. Defrost and heat to use.
Warning: Tomatoes can scorch and give the curry sauce a burned taste. Do not over cook or leave the tomatoes unattended.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.