How To Make A Daft Punk Helmet
This article lists the steps involved in how to make a Daft Punk helmet. A Daft punk helmet refers to a replica of the helmets worn by the French music duo, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter who make up the band Daft Punk. The pair reached popularity in the late 1990s. Even today they still have somewhat of a following.
Items need to create a Daft Punk helmet:
- Box knife
- Baseball helmet
- Automotive body filler
- Paint any combination of white, silver and chrome
- Downloaded PDF pattern (see note below)
- Cut out the pattern. Take the downloaded PDF pattern of the Daft Punk helmet and trace it on the cardboard. Cut the cardboard pieces out. You may also choose to simply glue the pattern to the cardboard and cut the pieces out.
- Fold the tips of the pieces. Make sure all the tips have been folded down.
- Assemble the pieces by gluing them together. Looking at pictures of finished Daft Punk helmets will make this part easier. Form the visor first. Follow by piecing together the cheeks and most of the face section.
- Lay the cardboard piece on the baseball helmet. Use the tape to keep it into place. Finish adding the pieces. Parts might need to be trimmed so it fits the helmet.
- Cover the helmet with automotive body filler. Allow the coat to dry. Check the manufacturer's instructions for a recommended drying time. Repeat this step for two more coats.
- Sand the helmet. Be mindful not to over sand the surface.
- Paint the helmet. A base coat of white is recommended for the best looking paint job, but it's up to personal taste. Typically the visor part is done in silver.
Note: Simply search online for a PDF pattern using your favorite search engine.