How To Make A Dark & Stormy
Knowing how to make a Dark & Stormy, will show off your British skills. This drink is very popular in British communities. It is considered a classic highball drink. When making this drink, the recipe will make one Dark & Stormy.
When making a Dark & Stormy, you will need the following items:
- Two ounces of Gosling's Black Seal Rum
- Three ounces of Ginger Beer (Barrit's or Fentiman's)
- Garnish: Lime Wedge
- Ice Cubes
- Highball Glass
How to make a Dark & Stormy:
- Fill up your Highball Glass with ice. You should choose to use as much or little ice as you prefer. The ice will cool down the drink.
- Pour your two ounces of Gosling's Black Seal Rum overtop of the ice. After you have filled your glass with the adequate amount of ice, you will want to add your rum. You will pour it directly over the ice. You can choose to put more or less rum if desired.
- Pour your three ounces of Ginger Beer into the glass. You are now ready to add your Ginger Beer. In some recipes, it calls for the exact amount of both. You can use different amounts based upon the taste you are trying to reach.
- Squeeze your lime wedge into the drink. You will want to take your lime wedge and squeeze the juices of it into your drink. You can use all of the juice or just parts of it, depending on how much flavor you want to add to your Dark & Stormy.
- Add your lime wedge into your drink. After squeezing the juice of the lime into your drink, you can add it to the drink directly or to the rim of the cup.
- Mix the drink together thoroughly. Now that you have all of your ingredients in the highball glass, you can now mix it together very thoroughly. You will want to use a spoon or straw to mix up the drink.
- Accessorize if desired. If you would like to sprucing up the drink, you can accessorize. You can add a straw or umbrella just to give the drink color. It will also give it a festive look.
- Sit back and enjoy! Now that you have made your Dark & Stormy, you can sit back and enjoy!