Want to know how to make a Deadmau5 head? Love house music, such as what is performed by the infamous Deadmau5 himself? It's easier than you might think. Next time you head to a rave and want to go in style, think about sporting your own Deadmau5 head. It will surely be a conversation starter, and you are guaranteed to turn heads!
To make your own Deadmau5 head, you will need:
- 1 13 inch hamster ball
- One yard of red felt
- One hard-hat
- Sheer white silk (You need to be able to see through it)
- Six sheets of red felt that has an adhesive side (Stick-on felt)
- One hard Styrofoam ball
- Two Birch Baltic wood plates that measure 12 inches and 3 mm.
- Steel mesh
- Rotary tool with a cutting wheel
- Safety glasses
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Spray on adhesive
- Tacky glue
- Duct tape
- Making tape
- Cutting board
- Hobby knife
- Fabric scissors
- Phillips head screwdriver
- Dark colored permanent marker
- Remove the removable panel of the hamster ball, and set it aside for later use.
- Sketch and cut the mouth of your Deadmau5 head, using two sheets of paper, and tape in place on the hamster ball using the making tape. The top should be at the "equator" of the ball, and the entire thing should fully spread from side to side.
- Cut the styrofoam ball in half, and secure the two halves to the hamster ball with making tape.
- Slide each piece of the wood into slots on top of the hamster ball, and temporarily secure with masking tape.
- Draw a twelve inch circle on each piece of the wood.
- Cut the circles from the wood, using your rotary tool. These will be your ears.
- Sand the edges with the sandpaper.
- Apply the stick-on felt to the ears, and use your hobby knife to get rid of any excess felt.
- Sand the insides of the styrofoam ball halves, and concave them, until they sit flush on the hamster ball. These will be your eyes.
- Disassemble the hamster ball by using your screwdriver.
- Trace the mouth onto the hamster ball, using the paper from previous steps.
- Cut enough from the bottom of the ball so that there's enough room for your head to fit through, using your rotary saw. Be careful not to cut into where the mouth will go.
- Cut out the mouth, following the tracing you did earlier, using your rotary saw.
- Widen the slots that the ears will go into, on the top half of the ball, using your rotary tool (The felt will make your wood ears wider.).
- Reassemble the hamster ball, using your screwdriver.
- Double check that all parts fit as they should, before moving on.
- Lightly sand the hamster ball, so that glue will stick easier to the surface.
- Cut strips of felt, using the fabric scissors.
- Spray hamster ball with adhesive and apply felt strips, making sure everything is tight, and there is no crinkling or puckering.
- Trim excess felt, allowing an extra inch, and cut slits, making tabs on the excess felt.
- Glue excess felt inside the hamster ball.
- Cut felt on top of the ball, where you widened the ear slits earlier.
- Cut out a piece each of the silk and steel mesh, ensuring that they are big enough to cover the mouth area of the head.
- Hot glue the silk to the steel mesh.
- Fit the mesh to the inside of the head, over the mouth area. When in place, secure with hot glue.
- Hot glue the ears into their slits, being sure to secure and glue from the inside. Reinforce with duct tape.
- Apply a generous amount of tacky glue to each one of the eyes, and secure into place on the head.
- Trim the edges off of the hard-hat, as much as possible, but don't damage the supports inside the hat.
- Trim the panel of the hamster ball you set aside earlier until the finger slots are traceable. Then trace the finger slots onto the top of the hard-hat, and cut finger slots into the top of your hard-hat.
- Fit the hard-hat inside the hamster ball, and secure with hot glue and duct tape.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
Beware These Telltale Signs Your Woman Is a Gold Digger
Now we ain’t sayin’ she is... but here are some clues.
Why Your Wife May Be Unhappy in Your Marriage and How it Can...
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.