Take a trip into the deep when you learn how to make a Deep Blue Sea Martini. The Deep Blue Sea Martini takes the classic taste of a martini and stands it on its head. Instead of using vodka and vermouth, the Deep Blue Sea Martini gets its dry, sweet flavor from blue curacao and cranberry juice. The blue curacao also gives the Deep Blue Sea Martini and rich dark blue color that makes it one of the more interesting things that you will see at the end of a bar. A well stocked bar should already have all of the makings for a Deep Blue Sea Martini already, but if you want to stray from the core ingredients of a Deep Blue Sea Martini, try mixing it up with flavored vodka or different flavored cranberry juice.
Things you will need to make a Deep Blue Sea Martini:
- Blue curacao
- Cranberry juice
- Lime juice
- Cocktail shaker
- Martini glass
- Put two or three ice cubes into your cocktail shaker. Putting ice in the cocktail shaker while your mixing your Deep Blue Sea Martini will make sure that everything is cold when you're ready to serve.
- Pour 1 oz. of vodka into the cocktail shaker. Vodka is the heart and soul of the Deep Blue Sea Martini. If you want to add a little extra flavor to your cocktail, try mixing your drink with different flavored vodka.
- Add 1 oz of blue curacao to your Deep Blue Sea Martini. The blue curacao is what gives a Deep Blue Sea Martini its color, texture and sweetness.
- Pour in 1 oz of cranberry juice. The cranberry juice will give your Deep Blue Sea Martini its dry taste and adds to the cocktail's color.
- Hit it with a dash of lime juice. This wee hint of lime will help bring out the tart flavors of your Deep Blue Sea Martini.
- Put the lid on your cocktail shaker. Now shake until the cocktail shaker is frosty. A frosty cocktail shaker means you will be serving a nice cold Deep Blue Sea Martini.
- Pour your Deep Blue Sea Martini into a martini glass and enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.