If you want to learn how to make deer breakfast sausage, you've come to the right place. This is a basic sausage recipe that can be adjusted with seasonings for your personal taste. This recipe can easily be doubled and frozen for later use. Gather your ingredients and get ready for some delicious venison breakfast sausage.
- 1 pound ground deer meat
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or flaked red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients well. Make sure the seasonings are incorporated well into the meat.
- Form the meat into patties, and flatten them out. When the sausages cook, they will shrink inward and puff up. Make them as big or small as you'd like.
- Preheat a skillet to medium heat and add the sausage patties. If the deer meat is very lean, you may add some oil to the pan to prevent sticking and aid in browning. Cook on medium to low heat until browned and fully cooked. This usually takes 10 to 15 minutes.
These sausages can be stored in the refrigerator for up to one week and up to 3 months in the freezer. Make sure to wrap them well or keep them in freezer bags. They can be served the same as traditional pork breakfast sausage, and taste great with biscuits and gravy or on a sandwich. They can also be steamed then browned if you desire.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.