How To Make A Deer Feeder
Anyone living in the woods will want to know how to make a deer feeder. Having deer visit your yard to eat is a beautiful thing to witness. The chances of having deer come to visit your yard is increased by how close to live to a wooded area. Deer tend to be startled easily, so if you scare them every time they visit, it decreases your chances of them coming back again.
To make your own deer feeder, you'll need the following supplies:
- A bucket. It doesn't matter how tall the bucket is, as long as it's at least six inches. The bucket will be cut down to six inches later.
- A long piece of four inch PVC pipe. Your feed will go in this pipe. If you want more feed for more deer, you can go with a thicker pipe.
- A tree or something to stabilize the feeder.
- Cut a hole in the bottom of the pipe that is around two inches wide and four inches long. This hole will dispense the food the pipe is holding.
- Cut the bucket down to six inches tall if it isn't already done.
- Drill holes in the bottom of the bucket, so water doesn't collect if it rains.
- Attach the pipe to the bucket with the slotted side facing the inside of the bucket.
- Attach the pipe to a tree, so it doesn't fall over.
Depending on how many deer come to feed from your feeder depends on how often you'll have to refill the feed. Also remember that deer might not be the only animals eating from your deer feeder; keep that in mind whenever you buy the amount of feed you'll need. Deer are very friendly creatures and if you don't try to harm them they will keep coming back again and again to use your feeder.