If you do not have a smoker, you will need to know how to make deer jerky in the oven. Not only is deer jerky delicious, but depending upon how many mouths you have to feed, there is usually plenty of leftover meat from a kill. Deer jerky made in the oven is an easy task that will fill up your house with mouth watering aromas.
To make deer jerky in the oven, you will need:
- Foil or a pan to collect the drippings
- Two pounds of deer roast
- Half a cup of soy sauce
- One quarter cup of Worcestershire sauce
- One tbsp of liquid smoke
- Two tbsps ketchup
- Two tbsps sriracha sauce (Thai chili sauce found in the Asian foods section of your store)
- One tsp fresh ground pepper
- Two tsps garlic powder
- Night before. To make deer jerky in the oven, you will need to marinate it to help dull the wild game flavor of deer meat. Combine all the ingredients together in a large resealable bag or container. Slice the deer roast into long strips about an inch wide and no more than half an inch thick. Put the meat in the bag and refrigerate it for 24 hours. Go ahead and knead the bag every time you think of it.
- Cook. Line the bottom of your oven with foil or put in a basting pan to catch the drippings. Heat your oven to 160 degrees. Drain the marinade off and put the meat strips on the rack. Arrange them so they do not touch each other. Cook them for seven or eight hours.
- Storage and eating. Deer jerky stored in the vacuum sealable bags will last indefinitely in your freezer. If you keep them in zipped bags, they may develop a little ice crust after a few months. You can eat deer jerky by itself or reheat it a little in the oven. It also tastes good pan fried in a little sesame oil. People dip it in anything from ketchup to Hawaiian chili water. Oh, and don’t forget the beer.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.