Learn how to make deli style roast beef at home following a few easy steps. Enjoy this delicious meat for much less per pound than you’d pay at the deli counter. Look for a good-quality roast and spice it up with any seasonings you desire.
- Eye of round roast
- Vegetable oil
- Fresh ground pepper
- Kosher or sea salt
- Spices (onion powder, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, etc.)
- Sharp knife
- Roasting pan
- Meat thermometer
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees and line the pan with aluminum foil. The foil will make the pan easier to clean.
- Rinse the roast well under cold water and dry thoroughly. Coat it with oil and rub the roast liberally with salt and pepper. Add any other spices as desired.
- Put the roast in the oven for 30 minutes. After that time, decrease the temperature to 300 degrees for another ten minutes.
- Use the meat thermometer to see how it’s coming along. It should be 120 degrees for rare, 135 for medium, and 160 for well-done. When your roast reaches the desired temperature, remove from the oven and allow it to rest for fifteen minutes.
- Slice the meat as thinly as possible across the grain. Store in the fridge tightly covered for a few days.
If you have a large amount of meat left over, freeze some for a later date. Place the pre-sliced roast beef in portion-sized freezer bags with the air squeezed out. When you’re ready to enjoy the roast beef, take out a bag and thaw it in the fridge for a few hours.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
9 Rappers With “Young” In Their Names Who Aren’t So Young An...
They get older, their monikers stay the same age.