How to build a derby car is something that a lot of kids have asked growing up. It isn’t really hard but it involves many tools that require adult supervision. All steps require adult supervision in this article on how to make a derby car.
Things you will need:
- Derby car kit
- Dremel and bits
- Cut the car’s shape out with the jigsaw. Smooth out any really rough edges. Sand off jagged pieces as well.
- Sand down the body’s shape. This is fine sanding to provide space for detailing and paint. This is not rough sanding like you did in the first step. This sanding should be fairly time consuming and leave you with a very smooth surface you can paint on.
- Attach the lead and weights. Then attach the wheels into these slots. Make sure they are straight and don’t rub the chassis.
- Nail the wheels on. This adds the wheels into their pre-positioned areas and attaches them to the rotating shaft. Test the wheels. Make sure they can move forwards and backwards and stay clear of the body.
- Use your dremel to make sure the burn or cut the wood to detail your car. You can use the dremel to do detail work anywhere on your vehicle. This work is all to your own taste.
- Paint and customize your car. Most people don’t want a 100% factory car, so you can add racing stripes or any other form of customized detailing you want. This is the final step in how to make a derby car.
You should be able to put together these parts and customize it fairly quickly. A derby car is a fun project that the whole family can enjoy. You should have enjoyed learning how to make a derby car.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …