How to make deviled eggs without mayo lets you enjoy the taste without all the fat and calories that are included with a traditional mayo recipe. You can enjoy this delicious appetizer anytime without the guilt.
To prepare mayo-free deviled eggs, you will need:
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2/3 cup “Miracle Whip” type salad dressing
- 2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish with excess liquid squeezed off
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnishing
- Put eggs in a large pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring eggs to a boil and cook for five minutes.
- Remove eggs from heat and let stand for thirteen minutes.
- Fill pan with ice cold water and let eggs cool.
- Peel the eggs under running water.
- With a thin blade knife, cut the eggs in half long ways starting at the large end.
- Remove the yolks and place into a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks up well with a fork.
- Add all of the ingredients except the paprika.
- Mix the ingredients together until well incorporated. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more salad dressing until it is the right consistency and easy to spoon.
- Spoon the filling into a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe the filling into the egg whites. If you do not have a pastry bag, use a spoon to fill egg whites with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the deviled eggs with the paprika for garnish.
- You can also add pickle slices, olive slices, parsley sprigs, pimentos, or any other garnish you like to the top of your mayo-free deviled eggs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.