How to make deviled eggs without mayo lets you enjoy the taste without all the fat and calories that are included with a traditional mayo recipe. You can enjoy this delicious appetizer anytime without the guilt.
To prepare mayo-free deviled eggs, you will need:
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 2/3 cup “Miracle Whip” type salad dressing
- 2 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- ½ cup sweet pickle relish with excess liquid squeezed off
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- ½ tsp celery seed
- ½ tsp mustard seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika for garnishing
- Put eggs in a large pan and cover with cold water.
- Bring eggs to a boil and cook for five minutes.
- Remove eggs from heat and let stand for thirteen minutes.
- Fill pan with ice cold water and let eggs cool.
- Peel the eggs under running water.
- With a thin blade knife, cut the eggs in half long ways starting at the large end.
- Remove the yolks and place into a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash the yolks up well with a fork.
- Add all of the ingredients except the paprika.
- Mix the ingredients together until well incorporated. If the mixture is too dry, add a little more salad dressing until it is the right consistency and easy to spoon.
- Spoon the filling into a pastry bag with a star tip. Pipe the filling into the egg whites. If you do not have a pastry bag, use a spoon to fill egg whites with the mixture.
- Sprinkle the deviled eggs with the paprika for garnish.
- You can also add pickle slices, olive slices, parsley sprigs, pimentos, or any other garnish you like to the top of your mayo-free deviled eggs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.