Know how to make a dining table so that you can hold large dinner parties or so that you have somewhere to eat your morning bowl of cereal. You don't have to be an expert woodworker to make a dining table. A dining table can be yours with a little bit of money and a small amount of time and effort.
To make a dining table, you will need:
- A piece of plywood or wood, 8 feet long and 42 inches wide
- 2 30 inch high wooden sawhorses or cable reels
- 2 2X4's (if using sawhorses)
- 2-inch screws
- Drill or screw gun
- Wood rasp
- Wood stain in your choice of color
- Arrange the sawhorses or cable reels. Place the reels or sawhorses in the dining room. If using the reels, space them about a foot apart. If using sawhorses, space them about four feet apart.
- Attach the 2X4s to the sawhorses, if using them. Screw one end of the 2X4 onto the top of one sawhorse leg. Screw the other end into the bottom leg of the sawhorse. The 2X4 provides support and prevents the sawhorse from unexpectedly collapsing.
- Center the wood or plywood on top of the reels or sawhorses. Make sure the amount of overhang is equal on both long sides. The wood should overhand enough on each side so that the you can tuck chairs underneath.
- Use the drill or screw gun to attach the wood to the table's legs. Use at least four screws on each leg.
- Sand the tabletop. Use the sandpaper to smooth the top of the table and the edges. Use the wood rasp to round the corners of the tabletop, then sand smooth.
- Stain the table. Use the brush to apply the stain in the direction of the wood's grain. Allow to dry at least overnight.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…