Knowing how to make dinner reservations is a necessity since most fine dining establishments require reservations. While it's tempting to throw caution to the wind and get in your car to find a place to eat, there are times when it's best to know where and when you will be eating. That's a good time to know how to make dinner reservations.
Things you'll need:
- Land line or cellular phone
- Phone number of the restaurant where you want to make reservations
- Prioritize which is more important: the date or the specific restaurant. If it's a special day like an anniversary, Valentine's Day or Mother's Day, start selecting the restaurants at least 30 to 60 days ahead. If a specific restaurant is more important, be flexible with the date and time.
- Call the restaurant in the late afternoon between 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. The staff should be there and won't be as harried if you call during prime dining hours.
- Ask for the date and time you prefer. Here's a good tip for how to make dinner reservations—have a back up date and time. If neither is available, ask which days are available.
- Change to another day if the suggested times aren't convenient. Another tip for how to make dinner reservations is to make the dinner reservations for a day during the week rather than the weekend. You'll have a better chance of getting a table.
- Be polite. It does no good to argue with the person at the restaurant taking the reservations. Tell the restaurant if you will be dining for a special occasion when you make the reservation. Many restaurants will offer a complimentary glass of wine or dessert.
- Have your credit card ready. Exclusive restaurants will often ask for a credit card number and expiration date to hold the reservation. There may be a cancellation charge if you don't show up. This information should be disclosed when you call.
- Confirm the reservation one week in advance. Glitches and mistakes do happen. Another tip for how to make dinner reservations is to make a note of the date and time you called and who you talked to when you make the reservation. That way, if for some reason your reservation is lost, the restaurant will be more likely to work you in and somebody else out.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”