How To Make A Dirty Hornitini
Knowing how to make a Dirty Hornitini is simple. The Dirty Hornitini is a great example of new cocktail twists on old classics. Like many other drinks of this generation, the Dirty Hornitini is given a playful name that is both fun to order and fun to drink. This martini is a combination of olive brine and tequila and the resulting taste is similar to gin. The Dirty Hornitini is truly an olive lover’s delight. An extra burst of olive flavor comes from the olive garnish. Use a good quality tequila and one that is not too sweet nor bitter to complement the olive. Dust off that tiny bottle of Angostura bitters because this is an integral part of the Dirty Hornitini. Go easy with it; a little bit goes a long way.
What you need to make one Dirty Hornitini:
- One cocktail shaker
- Two parts Hornitos Reposado tequila or similar high quality brand
- One part dry vermouth
- One and half parts olive juice
- One dash Angostura orange bitters
- One olive for garnish
- One martini glass
- FILL Remove the lid of the cocktail shaker and fill it with ice. Don't worry about diluting the drink because you'll strain it before serving.
- ADD Add the tequila, vermouth, olive juice and orange bitters to the shaker. Replace the lid tightly.
- SHAKE With one hand holding the lid tightly and the other hand on the body of the shaker, vigorously shake the cocktail shaker for 30 seconds. This will both chill and completely mix the drink.
- POUR Strain the contents of the shaker into a martini glass. Be careful not to drip on the rim or down the sides of the glass.
- GARNISH Garnish the martini with an olive or two. Enjoy by sipping slowly.