There are many different ideas and recipes for how to make a dirty Vodka martini giving you multiple options and room to experiment. The difference between a standard Vodka martini and a dirty Vodka martini is the addition of cocktail olive brine to the cocktail shaker that adds a delectable flavor to the Vodka and Vermouth and a cloudy look to the martini.
To make a dirty Vodka Martini, you will need:
- 3 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Extra dry Vermouth
- ½ ounce olive brine
- Stuffed cocktail olives
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini glasses
- Chill the glasses. Rinse the martini glasses in clear water and place them in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. If you are in a hurry to serve your dirty Vodka martini, fill a freshly rinsed martini glass with crushed ice and a few ounces of water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Ingredients for the shaker. Fill the cocktail shaker half full of crushed ice. Pour the Vodka, extra dry Vermouth, and the olive brine, which is the pickling juice from a jar of stuffed cocktail olives, into the shaker.
- Mix a dirty Vodka Martini. Shake the cocktail shaker back and forth several times, for about 10 seconds, using a gentle fluid motion. Strain the dirty Vodka martini into a frozen martini glass. Add olives to the glass and serve immediately.
- Get a little extra dirty Vodka martini by adding 2 stuffed cocktail olives to the mixture in the shaker and shake. Pour into a frozen martini glass and add a second olive to each glass.
- Dirty Vodka martinis should always be shaken as opposed to stirred. Shaking or bruising the martini dissolves the Vermouth better and makes the dirty Vodka martini colder.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...