There are many different ideas and recipes for how to make a dirty Vodka martini giving you multiple options and room to experiment. The difference between a standard Vodka martini and a dirty Vodka martini is the addition of cocktail olive brine to the cocktail shaker that adds a delectable flavor to the Vodka and Vermouth and a cloudy look to the martini.
To make a dirty Vodka Martini, you will need:
- 3 ounces Vodka
- 1 ounce Extra dry Vermouth
- ½ ounce olive brine
- Stuffed cocktail olives
- Cocktail Shaker
- Martini glasses
- Chill the glasses. Rinse the martini glasses in clear water and place them in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes. If you are in a hurry to serve your dirty Vodka martini, fill a freshly rinsed martini glass with crushed ice and a few ounces of water for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Ingredients for the shaker. Fill the cocktail shaker half full of crushed ice. Pour the Vodka, extra dry Vermouth, and the olive brine, which is the pickling juice from a jar of stuffed cocktail olives, into the shaker.
- Mix a dirty Vodka Martini. Shake the cocktail shaker back and forth several times, for about 10 seconds, using a gentle fluid motion. Strain the dirty Vodka martini into a frozen martini glass. Add olives to the glass and serve immediately.
- Get a little extra dirty Vodka martini by adding 2 stuffed cocktail olives to the mixture in the shaker and shake. Pour into a frozen martini glass and add a second olive to each glass.
- Dirty Vodka martinis should always be shaken as opposed to stirred. Shaking or bruising the martini dissolves the Vermouth better and makes the dirty Vodka martini colder.