How To Make A Dirty White Mother
Want to know how to make a Dirty White Mother? This drink is a delicious and simple cocktail served on the rocks. A Dirty White Mother is part of the “Trio” family of cocktails. These beverages are called Trios because they contain three parts: a base spirit, a liqueur, and a third, creamy ingredient. These types of cocktails are typically sweet due to the presence of the liqueur, and make good dessert beverages. The Dirty White Mother is a variation on the Dirty Mother cocktail, which is a part of the “Duo” family of cocktails. The only difference between the Dirty Mother and the Dirty White Mother are that the Dirty White Mother has cream on top.
Here are some things you will need to make a Dirty White Mother cocktail:
- 1 1/2 oz. Brandy
- 1/2 oz. Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
- Ice cubes
- Old-fashioned glass for serving
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice cubes. This cocktail is meant to be served “on the rocks.”
- Pour 1 1/2 oz. brandy into the old-fashioned glass. It’s a good idea to use accurate measurements to get the best flavor for the cocktail.
- Add 1/2 oz. Kahlua or other coffee liqueur. While you can use any available coffee liqueur, Kahlua is often the best choice.
- Stir. Mix the first two ingredients well.
- Add a small amount of cream so that it floats on top. Don’t stir the cream in, but allow it to stay separate atop the rest of the drink.
- Drink and enjoy. Pat yourself on the back for learning how to make a new cocktail.