Believe it or not, learning how to make a documentary film online for free isn't as hard as you might think. In just a few hours, you can be well on your way to becoming an amateur film maker. Whether you're looking to capture an unbelievable moment, tell a heartbreaking life story, or uncover a scandal of epic proportions, anything is possible with a little creativity and the right tools. When you're ready to start your award-winning documentary, read on.
In order to make a documentary film online for free, you will need:
- An interesting subject
- A digital film camera
- Video editing software
- Find your subject. When making a documentary film online never underestimate the importance of finding the perfect subject. People don't watch documentaries to just see more of the normal, boring life they already lead. Find something captivating, fresh, and unique. After brainstorming for a while, you might be surprised at how many interesting stories there are around you.
- Start filming. The convenient thing about creating a documentary film online is that you don't have to spend months story boarding and revising a script. You only have to capture what's going on. So, start filming. Obviously, you may not be able to have the cameras rolling the entire time, but make sure you stay aware of when key events are happening so you can be there. Also, round up the most important individuals in the film and get some "talking head" interviews if they fit the style of documentary you're looking to produce.
- Get some video editing software. In order to make a documentary film online for free, you will need some free video editing software. It's likely that you already have a video editor on your computer (Windows Movie Maker or Apple iMovie, for instance) but if you don't, a number of free options are available for download online. Just make sure you have something that lets you piece together film, add transitions, and alter audio easily.
- Import your video clips. Connect your digital film camera to your computer and import everything you've filmed into the software you are using. Having a digital camera makes sorting through these clips simple and easy. If there are large portions of film you're sure you won't be using, don't bother importing them. This will save you time and free up valuable hard drive space.
- Compile the clips and add finishing touches. Use your software to piece all the bits of film together. Remember, you want to make your documentary film memorable so fill it with the most compelling clips. Finally, add music, titles, and more to create a professional-looking final product. Congratulations, you're a director!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.