Learn how to make dog shampoo and you can save money as well as reduce the amount of chemicals your furry friend is exposed to. This is a simple dog shampoo recipe which is made with many items you already have. This shampoo will nourish your dog’s skin and give him a simple shiny coat. Follow with an apple cider vinegar rinse to give your dog the full pampering experience.
Ingredients for Dog Shampoo
- 1 tsp dish detergent
- 1 tsp aloe Vera gel
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup water
Ingredients for Dog Shampoo Rinse (optional)
- ¾ cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- Choose a dish detergent with the least amount of chemicals. Look for one that is clear or white and has little scent.
- Pour one cup of water into an empty small bottle. Add the dish detergent, aloe vera gel and olive oil. The aloe vera gel will sooth your pet’s skin while the olive oil gives him a shiny coat.
- Shake well to combine thoroughly. This is not a recipe that you want to double or triple since it contains olive oil. Only mix enough for one use.
- Bathe your dog as usual using the homemade dog shampoo. Follow the bath with a rinse made of ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar and three cups of warm water. The rinse will give him a shiny coat, remove odor, and reduce skin problems. Do not worry about the vinegar smell. It will go away after it dries.
Tip: Avoid getting the dog shampoo and rinse in the dogs eyes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …