Do you want to know how to make a dress form? Dress forms are an incredibly useful part to making clothing. Without them something you make, or wish to display, could look completely different than it actually looks on you. With a dress form you can preview the garment without going through the hassle of trying it on. You can also make adjustments easier because things can be pinned to a dress form.
You will need:
- An outfit you can destroy
- Duct Tape
- A coat hanger
- A lot of newspaper or anything that can be used as stuffing
- To start, you will need assistance. Put on the outfit you don’t care about and have your friend start wrapping duct tape around your body. Have them cover whichever parts you want your dress form to be made of, such as your torso, legs, etc. Make sure all the pieces are connected and form one whole. Layers are key, so be sure to add at least two or three.
- Once they have finished wrapping you, you will need to get out of the suit. Have them cut from the base of your neck down along the back. You will have to cut through the clothes and everything; this is why they have to be ones you don’t care about. Once you have gotten out of the suit tape up the cut on the back.
- Now you have to give the form shape. Tape up any leg or arm holes that were created, leaving only the neck open. Stuff your form with your newspaper or other kind of stuffing until it is sufficiently packed. Now you can hang your dress form from the coat hanger and use it to create things in your perfect shape!