How To Make A Drop Down Menu In Excel
Need to know how to make a drop down menu in Excel? If you work with lots of data, making a drop down menu in Microsoft Excel can be useful. This can be a great way to make your data entry easier, especially if you build forms for other people to fill in. To make a drop down menu in Excel, follow these steps:
- Decide which entries you'd like to include in your Excel drop down menu. These will be the choices people see when they click on the menu. When you know which choices you want to include, type each entry in a separate cell next to each other in a column or row. You should type them in the order in which you want them to appear on the list. Do not include blank cells between them.
- Select the cell where you'd like your drop down menu to appear. Click on the cell with your mouse.
- Find the "Data" menu at the top of your Excel screen. Click on "Validation," then click the "Settings" tab in the dialog box that pops up.
- In the "Allow" menu in the box, highlight "List." Then click your mouse in the "Source" box. Click on the top item on your list of choices, hold down the "Shift" key, and then click on the last item. Once the code appears in the source box, click "OK."
- There should be a small arrow in the box where you created the drop down menu. When you click on the arrow, your choices should appear. Your drop down menu in Excel can have as many as 32,767 entries!