If you are looking for unusual but low cost fashion, learning how to make a duct tape dress can give you the unique look that you want. Duct tape comes in a wide range of colors, so, you can customize your look by choosing the perfect hue, or even a pattern. Making a duct tape dress is not difficult, but it can be time consuming. Just check out the tutorial below.
To make a duct tape dress, you will need:
- duct tape
- a commercial dress pattern
To make a duct tape dress:
- Cut out the dress pattern pieces. Make sure that you use the guidelines that best fit your body.
- Begin making sheets of duct tape. To do this, tear off a length of duct tape about a foot and a half long and lay it flat. Continue laying strips of tape horizontal to each other and just overlapping. Soon you will have a good sized square of duct tape that will be the fundamental building block of your duct tape dress.
- Now, begin laying strips of duct tape over the sheet face down and perpendicular to the first layer of tape. This will allow you to make a sheet of duct tape that can be cut to size.
- Once you have many sheets of duct tape, begin cutting the sheets to the size of your pattern pieces. If you need a larger sheet of duct tape, you can tape two or more together.
- Begin taping your dress pattern pieces together in the same order the commercial pattern says to sew them together. Attach them to one another with a slim strip of tape.
I use duct tape around the nursery for everything. I don't think there is a day that goes by I haven't done something wi ...
You love your sports. You love your beer. Put the two together, and you can have a rock and rolling great time at any sp ...
By Charley Prescott When it comes to dressing for holiday work parties, make sure your ensemble is both professional ...