Make a dulce de tequila cocktail for special occasions like Cinco de Mayo or any day you desire a sweet cocktail. This Mexican inspired cocktail, with its base of tequila and sweet liqueurs and juice, is perfect for enjoying after a full Mexican meal.
To make a dulce de tequila cocktail you will need:
- Ice cubes
- cocktail glass
- two oz. tequila Tezon Reposado
- oz. Martell Cognac
- oz. Cointreau
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- tablespoon agave nectar
- lemon wedge
- Place four ice cubes in the shaker. Or just enough ice cubes to fill the shaker about half full.
- Add two oz. of tequila Tezon Reposado to the cocktail shaker. Tezon Reposado, unlike cheaper quickly aged tequilas, offers tastes of vanilla, citrus and spice.
- Add one oz. of Martell Cognac to the cocktail shaker. Martell Cognac is a pricey liqueur. Luckily, you only need a little bit for most drinks, including this dulce de tequila cocktail.
- Add one oz. of Cointreau to the cocktail shaker. Cointreau is a brandy liqueur with its flavor coming from sweet and sour orange peels.
- Add 1/2 oz. of lime juice to the cocktail shaker. Use fresh lime juice, if you have it on hand, for the best results in making the dulce de tequila cocktail.
- Add one tablespoon of agave nectar to the cocktail shaker. This sweet substance, similar in taste and consistency to honey, is available in light or dark varieties. The darker variety is filtered less and has a stronger flavor. Choose which variety you prefer for the dulce de tequila cocktail.
- Shake the cocktail shaker until the ingredients are mixed. It is usually only necessary to shake it a few times.
Pour the mixture from the cocktail shaker into the cocktail glass. Chill the glass an hour before preparation, if you like.
- Place a lemon wedge on the rim of the cocktail glass for a garnish. The lemon adds a decorative touch to the dulce de tequila cocktail .
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.