Learn how to make dumpling sauce when you are having dumplings at home for a delightful treat. Begin by gathering the ingredients and supplies needed to make the sauce. Cooking is easier when everything you need is close at hand. For making dumpling sauce you need:
- 1 small saucepan
- 1 wooden spoon
- Small mixing bowl
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red cooking wine
- 3/4 teaspoon dried cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
When you have all the ingredients and supplies you need close at hand, the steps to follow to make dumpling sauce are:
- Pour the soy sauce into the sauce pan and place the pan over low heat. Let the soy sauce warm for five minutes.
- Add the cooking wine to the warm soy sauce and stir thoroughly. Let this cook until the mixture begins to simmer.
- While you wait for the soy sauce and wine to simmer, combine the cayenne pepper, white pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger, and white sugar in the mixing bowl.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the simmering soy sauce and wine mixture.
- If the sauce is beginning to condense, or reduce, add a few tablespoons of water to maintain the right consistency.
- Cover the pan and cook for one minute and then turn off the heat. Let the sauce rest in the covered pan for five minutes.
- Store the sauce in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Serve the dumpling sauce either hot or cold depending on your personal preference.
This dumpling sauce has heat from the cayenne and white pepper, saltiness from the soy sauce, spiciness from the garlic and onion powders, and sweetness from the sugar. You can add or reduce any of these flavors as desired by increasing or reducing the amount of each spice used. Also, light soy sauce can be used to reduce the saltiness of the dumpling sauce.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.