Learning how to make dumplings for beef stew is a simple process. Once you try these dumplings in your beef stew, you won't want to use any other kind! This easy to follow recipe uses items that most every person who enjoys making homemade meals has in their cabinet. The only problem with these dumplings for beef stew is that you will enjoy them so much you may not want to share them with other family members!
- To make dumplings for beef stew you will need the following ingredients.
- one cup of all purpose flour
- two tablespoons baking powder
- one-half teaspoon salt
- one-half cup of milk
- For a healthier dumpling, use skim milk and sea salt.
- Mix ingredients. Combine the dry ingredients used to make dumplings for beef stew. Once these ingredients are mixed well, add the milk to the rest of the ingredients. Mix until you have a thick dough.
- Prepare dumplings. Sprinkle the countertop or table where you will be rolling out your dumplings for beef stew by sprinkling it with flour. This will prevent the dough from sticking to the countertop or table. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin sprinkled with flour. The dough should be rolled out until it is about an eighth of an inch thick. If you like thicker dumplings, roll the dough until it is about a quarter of an inch thick. Cut the dough into one inch square dumplings by cutting the dough in slices one way, then cutting it in a perpendicular manner so that squares are formed.
- Cook the dumplings. Once the beef stew is boiling, drop the dumplings into the stew. These dumplings for beef stew will float to the top when they are done cooking. Stir frequently to avoid having the dumplings stick together.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
The 5 Types of Beer You Should Know
Get familiar with these basics, and you'll be ready to rule the craft-beer universe.