Relive childhood memories and learn how to make some edible cookie dough. It is a family favorite and is great because it is cookie dough you make just to eat. There are no eggs in this recipe making it safe to eat raw. This dough is made for eating, not baking. Store it in the freezer and pull out for a cold treat. Dip small balls into chocolate or cover them with nuts to make a truffle for guest. Or, add small pieces to the top of your ice cream and enjoy!
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 ounces package mini chocolate chips
- (Optional for truffles) 12 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels
- Cream brown sugar and butter in a mixing bowl until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture saving the mini chocolate chips for last. If necessary finish mixing by hand.
- Shape edible cookie dough into 1 inch balls. An easy way to measure is to use a melon baller or small cookie scoop. Place on baking pans lined with waxed paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer until the cookie dough balls are frozen. After they are frozen, place them in a freezer storage bag until needed. They are ready to eat or they can be turned into truffles by dipping in chocolate
- Pull a few out of the freezer to work with if you are making truffles. They are easier to dip in chocolate if frozen firm
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe glass bowl and stir until smooth. Carefully watch and stir often to keep from scorching. Dip each cookie dough ball into the chocolate. Place on baking sheets lined with wax paper and put into the refrigerator for about ten minutes to harden the chocolate. An easier truffle is to roll the dough balls into confectioner’s sugar or chopped nuts.
- For the classic edible cookie dough experience, lay out wax paper. Sprinkle flour on the paper and place cookie dough on top. Form the dough into a long skinny log. Wrap the log in wax paper and store in the freezer behind the frozen veggies. When you are by yourself and no one is watching, take out the log and bite off a hunk. Carefully replace and repeat the next night!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”