How To Make Egg Salad
Egg salad is one of the most simple foods to make. With a few easy steps you will be able to enjoy a fresh and tasty homemade egg salad within minutes. The ingredients for egg salad are common items already found in the everyday kitchen.
To make egg salad you will need:
- 6 sliced hard cooked eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon
- lettuce leaves (optional)
- Chop the sliced hard boiled eggs. This should be easy enough. If you are serving this egg salad to guest, you can save a few of the egg slices for garnish. You can also use some lettuce leaves for garnish.
- MIX the mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, salt and pepper. Make sure to mix well so that all the flavors merge together. It is very important for every bite to have all the flavors.
- Add the chopped eggs and celery to the mayonnaise mix. As before, mix it well so that the flavors can blend. Make sure that all of the pieces of egg are moistened with the mixture.
- Cover the egg salad and place it in the refrigerator. This gives it time to chill. Egg salad does not taste best warm or at room temperature.
- SERVE on top the lettuce leaves and garnish with the egg slices saved. If you are just eating this yourself, why not enjoy straight from the bowl with a few crackers? It also can make a great egg salad sandwich.