Freak people out by learning how to make fake blood. Use the fake blood to adorn your next Halloween costume or for special effects for a movie or theatrical performance. The fake blood should wash out of clothing without too much trouble, but if you don't want to risk ruining your clothes, only use it on clothing you don't mind ruining. You can make fake blood using either clear laundry detergent or corn syrup. The variety made with corn syrup is safe to eat, while the type made with detergent will wash out easily.
To make fake blood, you will need:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Mixing bowl
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- Red food coloring
- Green food coloring
- Clear, fragrance-free laundry detergent
- Pour one tablespoon of cornstarch into the mixing bowl. Add the cup of corn syrup and whisk together until the cornstarch has dissolved completely.
- Add the red food coloring to the mix and stir. The fake blood will be very thick, sticky and bright red at this point. Add a splash of water and a drop of green food coloring to thin the blood out and adjust the color, so it's more of a deep red brown than a cherry red. Add enough water and green dye to make the blood the consistency you want.
- Use one cup of clear, fragrance-free laundry detergent in place of the corn syrup if you prefer. Whisk the detergent with the cornstarch, then add the red food coloring.
- Add a drop or two of green food coloring the fake detergent blood to adjust the color. If you add too much green, try to bring the color back by adding more red.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."