If you’re looking for a low-fat snack with some crunch, you should learn how to make falafel chips. Learning how to make falafel chips may sound complicated, but it’s a simple way to make yourself a simple and exotic snack that won’t ruin your diet.
Things you will need to make falafel chips:
- Chopped onion
- Garbanzo beans
- Baking soda
- Olive oil
- Cheese cloth
- Baking dish
- Chop one-fourth cup of onions and put it in cheese cloth. Squeeze as much moisture out of the onions as possible. When you’ve drained all of the moisture, you can set the onions aside. Taking the moisture out of the onions when you make falafel chips will ensure there isn't too much moisture in the end product, while helping your falafel chips keep a light onion flavor.
- Grind it up. Pour one can of garbanzo beans, one-fourth cup of chopped parsley, three cloves of garlic, one teaspoon of ground cumin, one-fourth teaspoon of coriander, one-fourth teaspoon of salt and one-fourth teaspoon of baking soda into your food processor. You want to create a mixture that has a coarse texture. Keeping a thick coarse texture will help your chips keep their shape and crunch.
- Pour it in a bowl. When you have the right texture for your falafel mix, pour the mix into a bowl on top of your onions. Now stir in one tablespoon of flour and one egg. Mix well until you have the thick, coarse paste you need to make falafel chips that will rise a bit when you bake them.
- Break it up. Press your dough into the shape of falafel chips you want to make. Don't be afraid to experiment. Play around with different sizes and thickness to give you falafel chips some variety. When you have your falafel chips made, spread them out on a backing dish and let them set for fifteen minutes. Letting the your chips sit gives the ingredients the chance to bond together.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. While you’re waiting for the oven to heat, pour two teaspoons of olive oil into a skillet. When the olive oil is warm, place your newly formed falafel chips into the oil for about three minutes on each side. If you want to make falafel chips with some crunch, a little light frying will give your falafel chips all the crunch they need without adding too much extra fat to the end product.
- Put them in the oven. Transfer your falafel chips from the skillet and put them back onto the baking dish. When you have all of the falafel chips in the baking dish, slide them into the oven and bake for ten minutes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.