If you're looking for ways to add some zing to your summer recipes, you might be interested in learning how to make a falafel salad. This colorful Middle Eastern vegetarian dish is easy to prepare. Falafel salad features a variety of different kinds of fresh vegetables, offering a light and tasty summer salad that everyone can enjoy. To make a falafel salad, you'll first need to prepare the falafel. Once this is done, adding the other ingredients can be done in a flash. Read on for tips on how to make a falafel salad.
To make falafel salad, you will need:
- Falafel mix
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cucumber (medium)
- 2 tomatoes (medium)
- 1 onion (small)
- 1 green bell pepper (large)
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 carrots (large)
- 1 large head lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups ranch dressing (reduced fat)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Prepare the falafel. To make a falafel salad, you will either need to purchase pre-prepared falafel or make your own using a mix. If you choose to make your own, prepare the falafel fritters by frying in hot oil (olive, canola or vegetable oil), closely following the recipe directions. Once the falafel fritters have browned, drain them and set aside.
- Prepare falafel salad ingredients. Falafel salad features a variety of different fresh ingredients, all of which will need to be chopped before they can be added to the salad. Chop cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onion and bell pepper and add the falafel. Set the mixture aside. Combine ranch dressing, ground cumin and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- Combine salad and falafel and serve. Once all of the falafel salad ingredients are prepared, it is time to put them all together to create your dish. Toss the salad with the ranch dressing mix thoroughly. You can chill the salad in the refrigerator for a while or you can serve it immediately by spooning the falafel salad over lettuce.
- Falafel salad variations. Consider using baby spinach instead of lettuce. Prepare a tahini salad dressing as an alternative to ranch dressing.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.