Making false teeth is a challenging process to do, but when finished, can look as good or as silly as the maker wants them to look. When making false teeth, the maker of the teeth needs to be very careful as the teeth become very fragile while being made and they will need to fit perfectly otherwise they could harm the person who will be wearing them. For those who are making false teeth for the first time should know that it will most likely take a few tries to get it just right.
- Dental tray
- Sculptor tool
- Rubber gloves
- Acrylic fluid
- Acrylic powder
- Pressure cooker
- Clear nail polish
- Teeth adhesive
- Small jar
- Fill the dental tray with a thick mixture of alginate and press it onto the patient's teeth. Do this with the person leaning forward to keep them from gagging on the goo.
- Remove the cast when the alginate is dry. It should only take a few minutes until it hardens. If the mold sticks, just wiggle it a little bit and it should come loose.
- Mix UltraCal with water and pour into the teeth mold. Be sure to tap out all the air bubbles so problems won’t come up later.
- Let the mold set for about 45 minutes. The mold does not need to be refrigerated or heated during this time.
- Separate the molds from each other. Be very careful not to damage either of the molds as you may need both of them again later, especially if something goes wrong later on. Do not remove any access parts of the mold yet.
- Taking the wax and lighter/match, melt the wax onto the newest mold of the teeth. Doing this will make sculpting in the later steps easier.
- Using the lighter/match, melt the surface of the false teeth a little bit. This makes the teeth look really shiny and more realistic.
- Place a piece of the clay on the top of the gums on the mold. This will make an overflow that will take care of access plastic with the next step.
- Fill the small jar with alginate and submerge the whole mold into it. Keep the mold in place until it is dry.
- Use the sculptors to remove the alginate that has gotten on the top of the mold and carefully pull out the teeth from the newest mold.
- Put on the rubber gloves and drip a little acrylic fluid into the newest mold and move it around. You must wear the rubber gloves and do this step in a well ventilated area as this can be hazardous to your health.
- Sprinkle the different shades of acrylic powder into the newest teeth mold. Start with the lighter shades and work into a little bit darker shades. Using a few different shades will make it look like a more natural shade. This may take a few tries to get just right, but be patient.
- Place the plaster teeth into the newest mold. Add more acrylic mixture if they don’t fit snugly, otherwise the mold will become too thick or get air bubbles which could ruin the teeth of the person who will be wearing them.
- Put light pressure on top of the mold. You can place a light book or a small container of sand to put on top of it, then leave the weight on top of it for a couple of minutes.
- Place the molds into the pressure cooker with hot water to harden it and wait for ten to fifteen minutes. If you do not have a pressure cooker, it will take 30 to 45 minutes.
- Separate the molds and carefully take the teeth off. Put them in warm water to help dissolve the release agent.
- Cut down any access plastic and make the gums by “dripping” the gum wax onto the teeth. Shape them as necessary.
- Polish the teeth with the toothpaste and nail polish. This may take a long time to do, but will need to be done to make it just right.
- Try the teeth on the person who they were made for. Be sure there aren’t any tight spots to prevent damage.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.